Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

Spring arrived a little early in RVA this year, but you won't hear any complaints from us.  We've been spending a lot of time outside and trying our best to break the nasty TV habit.  She's gotten extremely good at going "SUPER FAST" on her bike, while getting me into better shape by demanding, from the bike trailer, that I go super fast too!  I spent the winter training for my first 10K, which I completed with Jess on March 31.  It was a lot of fun, and hopefully a yearly ritual for us!

Spring also brings a new garage!  We officially broke ground this past week, and I don't know who is happier, Brian or me.  He, of course, will finally get to move his tools out of storage to their new home in his workshop.  So, I guess it's fair to say, he will be happier once it is built.  Right now, I think I am the happier of the two of us though.  Since Dominion Power relocated their line, and Verizon finally buried theirs, we were able to start building my raised beds.  Brian built the first bed yesterday, and we removed the sod for the second today, but the rain halted the construction on the second bed.  I guess I shouldn't complain because we really did need the rain, but I wish it would have chosen a week day to rain instead.  Oh well, I guess we will just have to work on it this week if possible.  Herbs galore is next weekend, and I plan to buy lots and lots of pepper plants from "The Pepper Guy".  It'd be really nice to come home and get them planted, so I'll cross my fingers that it works out.  Hana is pretty excited about the garden, and she helped out a lot yesterday.  She LOVED digging in the dirt!  She even scolded me for taking a water break, telling me to get back to work.  So, under her supervision, I foresee a bountiful harvest this year!  I'm looking forward to watching her develop a green thumb that would make Auntie Jess and PupPup proud!


And of course, showing Daddy some love for working so hard building the beds!



No comments:

Post a Comment